JOB TITLE: Event Sales Rep
Do your friends tell you that you could sell anything? Are you a go-getter seeking a position with a category leading brand? Do you have a passion for and background in soccer and other team sports? Do you want to get experience in sales?
If this describes you, you could have a home as a SKLZ event sales lead. This position is designed for motivated and outgoing sales people in the New York City area to join our Direct Sales team.
The job is ideal for candidates seeking part time, weekend work. The position runs all year with most activity coming in May to October. Those contracted will work 0-2 weekend events per month, earning up to $600 per event. College academic credits can likely be provided through this program, but are the responsibility of the applicant to qualify with their school.
The role will focus on setting up and selling at an event retail location to maximize revenue and build authentic relationships with our core market. The position will also be responsible for generating sales and partnership leads to strategically grow our team sales business. The Event Activator will work closely with the SKLZ Territory Manager to ensure the success of the brand at the grass-roots level.
JOB EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
Manage setup, sales, and marketing activations at sport tournaments and events
· Responsible for setting up the event site
· Responsible for selling on hand and shippable inventory
· Responsible for generating leads from coaches and teams at the tournaments
· Represent the SKLZ brand professionally as an authentic athlete
· Drive marketing campaigns as identified by SKLZ Territory Manager
· Identify influencers in the market and provide recommendations to the SKLZ Territory Manager
· Communicate daily with SKLZ Territory Manager to ensure success
· Research new events to attend and recommend to the Territory Manager
Report on all event activities
Responsible for on hand inventory management
Responsible for pre-event and post-event inventory counts
Responsible for event recap document within one business day of the event
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Background in Management, Marketing, Sales or Sports Management
· Strong communication skills
· Organized, with ability to prioritize tasks
· Knowledge of current soccer, and/or performance training
Baseball, football, basketball nice to have
· Demonstrated traits of dependability and hard work ethic
· Ability to travel to and from various sport complexes in New York
· Ability to work on weekends
· Must pass drug test and background check
· Expect 1-2 weekends a month (Friday/Saturday or Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
· $50 per event day worked
· 5% commission on NET sales (Sales have ranged from $3,000-$8,000 in the past)
· $5 per coach lead validated
· Expect 10+ hour workdays
· Must fund and pass a background check. Fee to be refunded if hired and work 3 events.
· Vehicle can be provided for inventory transportation, if necessary
· This is a contract position without benefits must work 10 or more events
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pro Performance Sports provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pro Performance Sports complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SKLZ prepares athletes to be ready for their sport. The SKLZ brand offers skill and performance training products/programs for athletes to use at home and in training environments. Based in Carlsbad, California, SKLZ products are available around the world at major sporting goods retailers, specialty retailers, through events and team sales reps, and at sklz.com.