Strategic Account Manager (Amazon)
You will be responsible for increasing revenue and profitability for the Amazon business by effectively managing all aspects of the business inclusive of trend analysis, financial planning, forecasting, and digital marketing. In addition, the Strategic Account Manager will drive profitable revenue opportunities working with key internal stakeholders to deliver the right product and brand support necessary for long-term success of the Amazon business. Expected results are attainment of revenue, profitability, and forecast accuracy goals established during the annual budgeting process. You will ensure that the SKLZ purpose and beliefs are upheld while making a positive contribution to the company culture.
The Strategic Account Manager is expected to:
- Roll up his/her sleeves and execute the day to day tactics (Analysis, PO Management, Forecasting, etc.)
- Be the authority on key success factors for his/her respective accounts.
- Identify revenue growth opportunities for the channel and play a lead role with internal team members to execute on business development initiatives.
- Contribute to product development process through providing category insights and volume projections for new products.
- Project Manager for all sales and retail marketing initiatives for strategic accounts within the channel.
- Establish account objectives and build sales plans to meet/exceed goals.
- Develop and implement account and channel strategies to secure profitable growth.
- Effectively present carry-over and new product offerings to customers.
- Build optimal assortment and inventory plans
- Analyze product sell through and provide category management support to maximize assortment productivity and ROI.
- Manage customer profitability through efficient administration of trade programs, proper product mix management, and reduction of non-productive inventory.
- Develop and nurture relationships with major accounts.
- Work cross functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies.
- Responsible for all product sell-in and sell-through programs for total account health.
- Develop and manage sell-in marketing assets with brand marketing.
- Take leadership role in communicating go-to-market strategies for the channel.
- Ownership of digital marketing execution to ensure proper brand story and marketing campaigns are implemented at point of sale (online).
- Manage advertising, trade marketing programs, and expenses within budget.
- Contribute to the product development process through active participation in product reviews by providing market insights, sales performance, and customer trends.
- A key stakeholder for the channel within the sales and operations forecasting process.
- Provide new product projections during product development process.
- Work closely with Demand Planner to accurately forecast demand within product lead-times.
- Partner with Customer Operations to ensure domestic/FOB orders are filled in-full & on-time
- Provide input into baseline and growth initiatives for the channel during the annual budget process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 3 - 5 years of professional sales experience selling consumer goods
- Past experience in retail buying and/or inventory planning is a plus
- Sporting Goods industry experience preferred
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Passionate about team sports and fitness
- Team-Player with a “can do” attitude
- Must work out of our Carlsbad HQ