National Sales Manager - Mass/Club Channel
Full time, Exempt, Location: Carlsbad
You will be responsible for increasing revenue and profitability with existing account base comprised of mass, club, and home center retailers by effectively managing all aspects of the business inclusive of assortment planning, financial planning, forecasting, retail marketing, and leadership of independent Sales Reps where appropriate. In addition, the National Sales Manager will identify and secure new revenue opportunities working with key internal stakeholders to deliver the right product and brand support necessary for long-term success. Expected results are attainment of revenue, profitability, and forecast accuracy goals established during the annual budgeting process. You will ensure that the companys vision, mission and values are upheld while making a positive contribution to the company culture.
The National Sales Manager - Mass/Club is expected to:
- Execute the day to day operations for the retail channel.
- Be the authority on key success factors for his/her respective accounts.
- Optimize account assortments and inventory allocation to achieve established margin and turn rate goals.
- Identify revenue growth opportunities for the channel and play a lead role with internal team members to execute on business development initiatives.
- Contribute to product development process through providing category insights and volume projections for new products.
- Project Manager for all sales and retail marketing initiatives for the channel.
- Establish 3 year account objectives and build sales plans to meet/exceed goals.
- Develop and implement account and channel strategies to secure profitable growth.
- Effectively present existing core and new product offerings to customers.
- Build optimal assortment and inventory plans with major accounts.
- Analyze product sell through and provide category management support to maximize assortment productivity and ROI.
- Manage customer profitability through efficient administration of trade programs, proper product mix management, and reduction of non-productive inventory.
- Develop and nurture relationships with major accounts.
- Work cross functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies (e.g. pallet programs, etc.).
- Responsible for all product sell-in and sell-through programs for total account health.
- Develop and manage sell-in marketing assets with brand marketing.
- Take leadership role in communicating go to market strategies for the channel.
- Ownership of retail execution to ensure proper brand story is supported with effective merchandising implementation at point of sale.
- Manage advertising, trade marketing programs, and expenses within budget.
- Contribute to the product development process through active participation in product reviews by providing market insights, sales performance, and customer trends.
- A key stakeholder for the channel within the sales and operations forecasting process.
- Provide new product projections during product development process.
- Work closely with Demand Planner to accurately forecast demand within product lead-times.
- Provide input into baseline revenue and growth initiatives for the channel during the annual budget process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of professional Sales experience
- Prior experience working with Walmart buying office
- Past experience in retail buying and/or inventory planning is a plus
- Sporting Goods industry experience
- Strong business acumen and retail analytical skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Passionate about team sports and fitness
- Team-Player with a “can do” attitude
- Must work out of our Carlsbad HQ