Customer Operations Coordinator
(full time, at will, houraly non exempt)
The Customer Operations Coordinator role is responsible for overseeing 100% of his/ her assigned retail customer accounts while being an integral part of the team and understanding their role within the larger operation. SKLZ strives to delight all customers with proper service and exceed order preparation, delivery and communications expectations.
The customer operations coordinator goal is to drive improved processes in order management and efficiencies to enable the company to expand into growing channels seamlessly.This position is responsible for working with the sales managers, marketing teams, planning/supply chain and warehouse teams to ensure that there is streamlined communication and preparation for all initiatives. In the past we have seen large inefficiencies due to lack of communication through different stakeholders, it is a main priority to close these gaps, this role will become a liaison between the different teams.
- Create a structure and cadence for communication on inventory levels, projects, bundles etc. between different internal teams: sales, marketing, warehouse team, and inventory analyst. We must become more proactive in this area to create increased efficiencies and better inventory management.
- Along with other team members, set a new strategy for the role and create metrics to measure improvements.
- Offer feedback on activities and work with supply chain team to reengineer processes that decrease manual work and utilize systems for faster processing.
- As a leader on the team it is incumbent upon you to get buy-in from other team members on anysystem and process changes; you should be open to suggesting change and trying new operations.
- Work with warehouse manager to create detailed SOP for order processing, color coordination and tracking of orders. Main priority is to have a clear classifying system that is easily followed and understood by all warehouse and customer ops staff.
- Assist in creating new reporting, gather feedback from other teams on information required and help present this in a comprehensive and expedited manner.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Understand work flow requirements and capacity of warehouse team
- Process incoming orders via electronic data interface (EDI), FAX or e-mail.
- Create ASN, Packing Lists, Bill of Ladings (BOL) and Routing Requests.
- Utilize ERP system, warehouse management system and UPS ConnectShip to process labels for outbound shipments
- Generate all necessary carton labeling and shipping documents accordingly.
- Schedule pickups with all major freight carriers via internet/telephone.
- Communicate daily with Warehouse Manager & Logistics/Operations Manager regarding inventory in-house, and inventory arriving from China.
- Interact with Sales Team and Buyers to notify them of any potential inventory concerns and adjustment of ship windows.
- Invoice all appropriate orders in EDI immediately. Handle carefully to ensure everything is entered correctly and dollar amount matches up with in-house paperwork.
- Attention to detail
- Execution of Microsoft Office tasks
- Good work ethic
- Team player
- Problem solver and solution innovator with inquisitive nature.