Industrial Design Senior Manager
(Full-time, Salary, At-will, Exempt)
As Industrial Design Senior Manager, you will lead the design team in creating products that put athletes first, show an understanding of production, and elevate the brand. This is a “Player-Coach” position in which you will be expected to design product while providing leadership, guidance and a voice to the ID Team.
- Work with corporate strategy staff to ensure that design fits into the company’s business plan and strategic vision.
- Identify new ideas, concepts, products and/or features that put athlete first, reduce costs and keep our product line at the forefront of our industry.
- Participate in product brief requirements and timelines.
- Design products that visually and functionally advance the brand.
- Communicate and work seamlessly with our Engineering, Development, Marketing, and Category Management teams to ensure that great ideas make it through to production.
- Inject energy, enthusiasm and creativity into everything that they touch.
- Oversee and facilitate growth within the design team.
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and appearance prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
- Stay abreast of the latest relevant product, technology and industry trends.
Attributes and Skills:
- A passion for sports
- Be a team player
- Creativity, innovation and passion for Product
- Strong leadership capabilities and an effective communicator
- Able to quickly generate visual and physical definitions of new products
- Exceptional attention to detail & technical capabilities
- Demonstrate integrity and courage in the way that they work.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a product design environment
- BFA in Industrial Design or related field
- Prior team leadership experience
- Proficiency in Solidworks, MS Office
- Proven track record of success
- Proven structured approach to creative problem solving
All applicants will be expected to have a portfolio of work demonstrating creative, problem-solving ability and design thinking.