Director of Distribution & Fulfillment
Full-Time, At Will, Exempt
Reporting to the CFO, this position would have overall accountability for all distribution, and fulfillment functions, which includes creating the Company’s distribution strategy and process improvements in all areas managed. The overarching tenant of this role is to convert the current distribution environment to that of a world-class operation.
This position will be expected to drive the required process, cultural and technical changes, in order to achieve the following:
- Increased productivity in operations and specifically around distribution
- Best in class inventory, operational and throughput metrics
- Work with others to achieve world class distribution and fulfillment
- Continued implementation of six sigma and lean manufacturing principles across all relevant segments of the operations and distribution departments
- Develop the strategy and plan around our distribution (3PL, SKLZ owned warehouse, some combination, international distribution, etc.)
- Global Fulfillment - Create the most efficient and cost effective global fulfillment system for US retail, Int'l and Direct (pick and pack) business units.
- Develop, document, and execute a global comprehensive logistics and distribution strategic plan which drives optimal customer service and profitability.
- Develop a global strategy around distribution compliance and implement plans, strategies and process to significantly reduce compliance costs and charge backs.
- Provide strategic guidance for purchasing activities related to fulfillment and distribution.
- Development of a comprehensive plan to address material and information flow.
- Responsible for the effective execution of all capital projects associated with operations and facilities.
- Full implementation of the principles of six sigma and lean manufacturing to eliminate waste and decrease process and product defects.
- Utilize best inventory management practices to ensure achievement of productivity goals.
- Effectively manage all responsibilities and internal control procedures and practices over the inventory and warehouse management processes.
- Review and analyze maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of operating or fulfillment problems.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Effectively assist or manage the process over shipping and return functions.
- Assist others to optimize a global supply chain logistics network with multiple domestic and international distribution centers.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network reducing cost by substantially over the first 3-5 years.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within global guidelines with emphasis on C-TPAT compliance across the entire supply chain.
- Ensure all needs are monitored and met for the entire Carlsbad facility including regular general maintenance, HVAC, general improvements, furniture, security, etc.
- Proven track record of process improvement in a manufacturing or distribution environment with at least 10 years of relevant and consistent experience
- Proven results in creating the most effective distribution and supply chain functions
- Prior experience in developing and implementing a global strategy around distribution and fulfillment
- Passion for results
- Analytical thinking skills and decision making
- Passion for cost effective automation
- Hands-on mentality and self motivator
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Capacity to build relationships internally & externally
- Ability to transform current business model to a supply chain competitive weapon
- In depth knowledge of current best practices with the use of Lean, TOC and Six Sigma where applicable
- Proven ability to motivate and lead multiple teams with service orientations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivational, listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for sports and helping athletes.
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamically changing environment.