Full Time, At Will, Exempt
As the Buyer/Planner, you will enjoy a varied and challenging role. Your primary responsibilities are to assist in regular supply planning, Global inventory management, and provide inventory reporting to internal stakeholders and Leadership. Additionally, you may assist in supply chain support to our operations team and project support as assigned.
- Recommend inventory buys, execute related purchase orders with vendors, and approve invoices.
- Work closely with vendors to monitor status of open orders and push/pull orders out/in as necessary based on changing demand.
- Maintain appropriate inventory balance between inventory turns and fill rates.
- Set up new items in ERP system and maintain the integrity of SKLZ’s Item Master.
- Maintain relevant internal reporting and communicate information effectively cross-functionally.
- Manage customer orders shipping directly from vendors.
- Develop container load plans as necessary and maximize freight utilization with inventory buys.
- Learn and understand sales velocities of SKLZ’s product portfolio to drive safety stock recommendations.
- Assist Operations Team with supply chain support as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Consumer goods and/or manufacturing background preferred
- Experience working with factories in China
- 5-10 years’ experience in planning/buying
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- Have a history of exceeding expectations
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Be an expert Microsoft Excel user with experience in higher level functionality
- Be detail oriented but able to articulate the big picture
- Possess a positive attitude and a passion for business
- Be proactive in seeking business improvement
- Thrive working in a team oriented environment
- A passion for sports