Full Time, At Will, Exempt
The Demand Planner is the hub for harnessing data insights across the functional business units to develop demand forecasts. Your primary responsibilities are to assist in regular forecasting and business planning, provide insight into sales trends across the distribution networks, and provide accurate reporting to stakeholders within SKLZ. Additionally, you may assist in supply chain support to our operations team and project support as assigned.
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation (i.e. Per Customer Type, Per Channel, Per Product, etc.) for multiple time horizons.
- Develop and maintain complex forecasting models using Excel and/or a demand management tool.
- Sales Analysis:
- Review historical sales trends and manage for outlier data points.
- Research demand drivers (i.e. Customer POS data, marketplace trends, etc.).
- Evaluate forecast accuracy and results on a rolling basis.
- Assist with preparation of annual sales budget.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast models to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Partner with the operations and sales teams to help plan the business and hit targets.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in creating the supply plan and developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product transitions.
- Develop relationships with key retail partners and planning teams to assist with forecast accuracy and order management.
- Create key performance metrics for both demand plan and S&OP effectiveness while driving continuous improvement initiatives to refine the demand planning process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-5 years of demand planning experience, preferably in the Consumer Products industry.
- Be an expert Microsoft Excel user with experience in higher level functionality and creating models.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP, BI Tools, Google Analytics, etc.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, solid judgment and history of exceeding expectations.
- Have a desire and requisite skill-set to partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Good project management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and resolve planning problems independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Possess a positive attitude and a passion for business.
- Be proactive in seeking business improvement.